FAQ and Guarantee
Contract of Sale and Guarantee
I, Anna Westphal, being the owner of Sunset Dachshunds, hereafter called Seller, agree to sell to ________, hereafter
called the Buyer, one _________Reg#_______ dachshund from the litter sired by ________ out of ______and
whelped ________ subject to the following conditions:
1) The buyer agrees to pay the sum of $575 to the seller, this sum being the total cash price.
2) The seller guarantees that the dachshund has no present medical conditions and has received two vaccines.
3) The buyer agrees to provide any future medical and/or health requirements, including future vaccinations.
The buyer also agrees that the purchased dachshund will be properly cared for in all ways including
grooming, exercise, feeding, proper training and continued socialization.
4) The buyer agrees to limit exposure to unknown dogs and public areas until all vaccinations are complete,
to not allow the puppy to roam unsupervised in an unfenced area, and to take all reasonable precautions to
keep the puppy safe.
5) The buyer may, at his/her option and expense, have the purchased dachshund's health examined after
purchase by a veterinarian. If the vet finds the puppy to be unhealthy and unfit for sale, the pup can be
returned and seller agrees to refund 100% of purchase price paid.
6) The above-mentioned dachshund is guaranteed by the seller to be free from life-threatening hereditary
disease visible by the age of 12 months. Should the puppy show visible signs of hereditary disease as
documented by a vet, the the buyer is entitled to refund of purchase price or choice of the next available
litter of puppies. Pups are checked at 8 weeks of age by our vet if any issues are apparent (such as
over-bite or testicles not descended yet) the buyer will be informed of such before the purchase.
Non-health related problems of this sort that might develop at a later age are not covered in this
guarantee. While we strive to produce pups that are genetically sound, there are sometimes problems
of this nature that happen normally in any dog population.
7) The buyer states that he or she is not purchasing this dachshund for breeding purposes, but that it is
being purchased as a family pet. As such, all puppies will be sold with limited AKC registration or
ACA registration, unless otherwise requested by buyer. It is recommended for the health of the puppy
that he or she be spayed or neutered between the ages of 5 and 6 months. Unlimited registration will be granted
on an individual basis if requested, and subject to the following conditions. If the puppy will be used to
produce litters, these conditions must be met:
The buyer agrees that the puppy (male) will not be used as a stud before 14 months of age or bred (female)
before her second heat. The buyer agrees that if bred, no progeny of the puppy shall be sold to pet shops,
nor in litter lot sales, nor to persons engaged in the sale of animals to commercial establishments or held for raffles.
8. The buyer agrees that he/she will not sell or transfer ownership of the above mentioned dachshund
to any agent whose intention is to use the dachshund for breeding purposes without first affording the
seller an opportunity to repurchase said dachshund from buyer.
9. The buyer may return the puppy to the seller for any reason within the first 30 days of purchase
and be refunded the full purchase price of the puppy, minus a $50 dollar fee to replace supplies sent
home with the puppy.
10. Buyer will not receive a refund on a returned pup if the pup has not been properly trained, socialized
or has been neglected. However, any of our dogs are welcome to come back to us at any time if the
owner for any reason can no longer keep the dog. When you buy one of our pups, you are part of
our dachshund family, and we are here to help and support you for the life of your dog.
1. Where the heck are you located? We are in the southwest corner of
Colorado. We are kind of in the middle of no where. If it is not possible for you to
make a trip here, we will attempt to make it easier to meet at no extra charge.
2. How much are your pups? $575, any coat/color/gender. Worth every penny.
3. Do you take deposits or ship your puppies? Nope.
4. How does a payment plan work? When we meet and you get your pup, I will
accept a series of checks in whatever amount is convenient for your budget, and
deposit one a month until the puppy is paid for.
5. Why would you do a thing like that? I am very proud of my pups, and do
not want a budget problem to cause a family to buy a lesser dog because it is cheaper.
Plus, I'm just really nice.
6. What is your guarantee? Here you go: